Lodging/housing/hospitality with local Sacred Harp singers
To request lodging/housing hosted by local singers, contact Gillie Campbell at gilliec18 at gmail dot com as soon as possible, because the demand may exceed the number of available rooms. Be sure to mention any requirements with respect to allergies, smoking, pets, etc.
There is no official hotel for the convention. Hotels in the Washington area and Arlington, VA tend to be expensive, particularly during cherry blossom time and when booking late. Arlington has hotels of several reputable chains such as Marriott, Westin, Choice, Hilton, Holiday Inn, and Hyatt. One can identify and compare hotels in Arlington on TripAdvisor's Map View. Based on TripAdvisor information, three hotels not far from the convention venue are recommended here, while two budget choices are also listed but not recommended unless cost is an overriding consideration.
Recommended hotels (not exhaustive list):
- Comfort Inn Ballston. 1211 N Glebe Rd, Arlington, VA 22201-4800. Free breakfast and free parking. Clean but no frills and a little dated, but good value. Avoid rooms facing the expressway (I-66). 1.3 miles from the Cherrydale Fire House.
- Hyatt Place Arlington Courthouse Plaza. 2401 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201-3317. Free breakfast but not free parking (valet) unless parking on the street. Upscale and nice, but expensive. 1.6 miles from the Cherrydale Fire House.
- Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse. 1401 North Adams Street, Arlington, Virginia 22201 USA. Free breakfast but not free parking. Upscale and nice but expensive. 1.4 miles from the Cherrydale Fire House.
Budget hotels (not recommended unless cost or walking distance is the paramount consideration):
- Inns of Virginia - Arlington. 3335 Lee Hwy, Arlington, VA. 22207-3713. Only around 5 blocks from the Cherrydale Fire House (walking distance), but the many negative reviews on TripAdvisor makes it a questionable choice. 0.3 miles from the Cherrydale Fire House.
- Highlander Motel. 3336 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201-2229. An old-fashioned motel that has cheap rates and fewer negative reviews than the Inns of Virginia-Arlington. 1.2-1.6 miles from the Cherrydale Fire House depending on the route.
Return to the main page